Sunday, 27 March 2011
Apologies I was missing last week, Ive tried to get caught up but failed im afraid.
This is what I have made for this weeks challenge at Just for Fun which was to do something different with a rubber stamp.
Ive bought so much crafting items that havent been used very much and my Melt pot is one of them. I had some left over melted utee which was a mixture of a few colours which meant it had shades and streaks running through it. This made it perfect for this project.
I have some lovely peacock stamps which always look nice , and one in particular is the one I have chosen for this project , its set in its own square making an ideal size for an embellishment.
I was pleased with the way the stamp and the colours in the utee went together.
I added some jade green velum to the front of my card to match it in with the shades in the feather. Added some tartan adhesive ribbon which put me in mind of these big country houses where peacocks roam free in the grounds.
I attached the feather and the stamped utee embellishment to the front of the card and then added a stamped image of the same rubber stamp to the inside of the card .
I was pleased with the finished result and will definately make more utee embellishments using rubber stamps.
Thanks for stopping by my blog, enjoy the rest of the weekend , Im off to work now.
Saturday, 12 March 2011
This is for the Just for Fun challenge, and its the Bandana technique.
Havent tried this before , but all the same dont think ive done it correctly lol.
If its not a scrapbooking page these days im finding it very hard to get inspired.
At first i thought i would incorporate my piece within a scrapbook page, but that didnt work.
So it became a little hanging, and then 30 mins later ended up a card topper.......
I enjoyed making it , I guess I was out of my comfort zone and need more practice.
Have a fab weekend and thanks for stopping by my blog.
Sunday, 6 March 2011
This is my entry for this weeks Just for Fun challenge which is Mixed Media.
I used a little divider box and covered it with handmade paper for the texture.
Next painted it with acrylic paint, then cut 2 panels of patturned paper to fit into the cavities.
I then added to them some rubber stamps , a photo of my dad when he was at school and some petals from a hydrangea plant which i had dried.
I attached the whole thing with foam pads to give it a better effect.
It is nothing like how i intended it to be at all , dont know what happened to my idea.
Sorry its a bit late, weekends are always busy in my house.
Thanks for stopping by my blog and I hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend.