Saturday 7 August 2010

Lots to Do - Ribbons and Lace

















This is my entry this week for the Lots to Do challenge which is Ribbons and Lace.

As I was looking through my vintage pictures wondering which one to use I came across my parents wedding photo.
As yesterday would have been their 60th Wedding anniversary had my Dad still been with us it seemed very appropriate to use this image.

Trying to keep a vintage feel to the page Ive used only aged mahogany distress ink to stamp all of the quotes and the images of the church and the old vintage camera.

I cut out the date with the Hippy Chick Cuttlebug Alphabet which I love for my vintage layouts. I then inked it so that it blended in with the quotes.

The aged mahogany distress ink matched well with the rose and the words 'I Love You' on the ribbon across the bottom of the page. I added some vintage lace from the LLBowen collection,( he has some fab accessories for pages and cards etc)

I embossed the tags with wedding images to finish off the page.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and I hope you all have a nice weekend.

15 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Another gorgeous page Jaqi a wonderful picture a delightful tribute. Such a treasure of pictures you have to work with and what a precious album you will be passing on. thank you for sharing with us at LTD this week. xx Zoe

Deb Neerman said...

OMigosh, this is absolutely stunning! What an amazing chronicle of this special day ... just beautiful, Jaqi!

Rosie said...

Wow, Jaqi, what a wonderful work.

Basslady said...

just fabulous...love it!
fantastic idea with your parents wedding-photo!

xoxo silvi (germany)

Anonymous said...

Jaqi its absolutely stunning, i love the embossed pieces and the subtle and beautiful colour. what a beautiful make
hugs June xxx

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful page Jaqi! x

mommabear said...

What beautiful work I just love it
Thank you for sharingwith us atLTDthis week xx
Alison

Yvonne said...

Beautiful, Jaqi!

Von said...

Oh Jaqianother beautifulpage that'sgoing to be one special book when you complete it :)
Von

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Beautiful and oh so special, Jaqi :) I like a lot!!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

How beautiful, a wonderful page.

cheryl said...

oh wow this is what I call a vintage,page,this is simply elegant,so beautifully put together,bless you for taking time to stop by my blog hugs cheryl xx

Effie said...

Beautiful lay out!

crafty creations said...

Wow Jacqui what a beautiful page love everything about it

Thanks for sharing your work with the Lotstodo Challenge xx Hilda

Linda Vincent said...

So romantic - a truly wonderful memory page Jaqi.
You have some fabulous vintage photos ..... this one is very precious.
XX

This is brilliant , i love it !