Friday 24 June 2011

The Scrapbook Garden - Birthday Book

This is my 8th design from the Scrapbook Garden
kit 3
Ive tried to make this birthday book completely
from papers form the Basic Grey Sweet Threads pack.
With the exception of the actual book which was made
with my Bind-it-all , some Prima flowers
in vintage green some liquid pearls of which you can find a fab selection here
and some rubber stamped quotes from my collection
all of the pages have included die cut shapes using the
Ive often been asked to make a mini book that is ready
 to just accept some photographs by people
who are not crafters, but then thought this was
actually a good idea to make to give someone as a gift
enabling them to choose their favourite pictures to be included in it themselves.
The pages dont need alot of decoration like a Scrapbook
just something to enhance the photos , whatever the size.
I used a bind-it-all perspex cover so that the design
on the front page could be seen.
I thought a birthday book would be a good idea
as I for one am always forgetting birthdays .
I started by punching the holes in my pages , I chose black pages
so that the colourful papers from the Basic Grey Sweet Threads
stood out well.
I cut out some months of the year to put onto the alternative pages
to record the birthdays .
I decided to make these pages all very similar and added
the flowers and some punched butterflies to each
of them. I added the liquid pearls to the centre of the
flowers and left them to set overnight.
I also cut a selection of long tags to have between the pages.
I decided to put my quotes on these just in case
when the photos were added the quotes didnt quite match up.
I fastened them into the bind-it-all wire and placed them at
various heights in various pages. I also added some ribbon to them to finish them off.
I then went on decorating the pages with various die cuts using the
colourful papers.
I tried to keep the die cuts to a minimum
leaving plenty of room to add photos if needed
I finshed by adding a handmade label to the back cover.
Im pleased with my little birthday book Im sure it will come in very handy.
I imagine I will make more of these for little gifts

Thanks for stopping by my blog as always its
much appriciated.

1 comment:

The Scrapbook Garden said...

Lovely idea Jaqi. Great present idea. Ann x

This is brilliant , i love it !