Saturday 16 June 2012

Scrapbook Garden Design Kit - The Dream Of An Inky Life

This is my 2nd layout from this months Design Kit for

Im so used to doing vintage layouts I wanted to try something
using a current photo.

My daughter recently had some photos taken which I thought
were fab and I decided to use one for this project.

I cut out the centre piece leaving what made a great frame
on a piece of black cardstock.
Black is a perfect colour for Hannah she loves all things
dark and gothic.
Hannah wants to be a Tattoo Artist and it was that which
inspired this layout.
The detail on the border was beautiful

I used some Personal Impressions Canvas cloth to stamp
out some butterflies

Next I added a film strip die cut to the side of the layout
as it was my intention to add photographs of Hannahs own tattoos.



I added this years date into the gaps in the film strip

Added my photo


I printed out a tattoo image onto the canvas cloth
by putting it through my printer.
Its the first time ive used this cloth but i was over the moon with
the clear image i ended up with . It was so easy to use
and the quality superb. 
I cut out the tattoo and added it to the top


and bottom corners of the layout.

Using the American D.I.Y. Thickers- Macaw
I inked them with  Red inkpad to give a nice contrast to the black

Using small images of Hannahs actual tattoos
I matted them on cream cardstock
and positioned them on the black background.


Using a gold dabber I inked a piece of grungeboard
in the shape of a skull to fit in with the various skulls
on Hannahs tattoos

And added it to the layout.

That completes my layout .

Thanks for stoping by my blog as always its much appriciated .

Pop over to the Scrapbook Garden Blog
for a chance to be entered into the draw for the blog candy,
and pop over to the online store
to check out all the new products that are available

Hope you all have a lovely weekend .  








1 comment:

The Scrapbook Garden said...

I love what you have done with the canvas cloth - fab! Ann x

This is brilliant , i love it !