Saturday, 24 April 2010

Lots to do - Leaves & Trees



This is my entry this week for the Lots to Do Challenge which is leaves
I have made a very simple anniversary card for my friend but it does have some leaves on the bottom corners.
They are Bazzill Basics paper leaves and they are really good quality I love working with them. They come in a variety of sizes in the one packet.




Next is a page from my daughters memory album , picture of her and her late father having fun. On here I used skeleton leaves which i find a nightmare to attach, they do adhere with glue dots but through time they stick to the plastic pages of the album so if anyone can give me any tips I would be grateful.





This next one is from my Disney album and its to represent the beanstalk that grows through the buildings in Fantasyland in Disneyland Paris. I know the leaves I have used are not beanstalk leaves but I think they make a pretty good alternative.



Lastly I have used the same leaves which are cut using a cuttlebug set of dies. The come 4 in a pack and I have used them on many projects.

Im sorry I have no trees to include in this post , but Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a nice weekend.

6 comments:

Femmy said...

beautiful pieces Jaqi!! love them!!!

crafty creations said...

Great card and beautiful pages Jaqi

Thanks for sharing your work with the Lotstodo Challenge xx Hilda

Susan said...

Beautiful layouts Jaqi. I was touched to see the one of your DD's Dad.

Skeleton leaves can be tucked under firmly positioned ribbons/paper. That way you don't need adhesive on them at all.

You can use clear glue as well that will dry and not be tacky. It might be a bit shiny if it shows through the leaf though so maybe use a dash of Mod Podge and allow to dry thoroughly.

Jaqi said...

Thanks Susan I will try that , I find the glue lines and glue dots dont ever harden......it drives me mad sometimes, and its a shame as I use them alot and find them very handy, dont have any mod podge I will have to get some , thanks alot.

having a {me} day said...

Fabulous leaf projects! Great work. keeleyxx

Linda said...

Nice work Jaqi...all very special and personal.

This is brilliant , i love it !