Thursday 7 July 2011

The Scrapbook Garden- Dance Night

This is my 4th layout for kit 4 from

I had this picture of my Mam and Dad, my Uncle Tom ( mams brother)
his wife my Auntie May and her brother Ronnie Lavery (who were
both also my dads cousins)
They were at the Miners Hall in Boldon at a dance.
The Miners hall has gone now, knocked down years ago but
at one time was somewhere for the people who lived around about to go
for dances , weddings , or parties in general.
I remember going there as a child and it was huge inside
(well it felt like it at the time, maybe it was because i was young)

For this layout  I used
but the reverse side. The other side is fab and its always at this point i wish
I had 2 sheets of a particular paper, I often buy 2 sheets for that purpose.
Anyway this side won this time.
Its got all these fab music notes on it just perfect for a dance night photo.
inked down with Distress Ink to blend in with the paper
I used a music note punch and some black cardstock
which contrasted well.

I used Thickers for the 'Dance  Night' title which
I embossed with Black Embossing powder
which gave the letters a finish which looked like patent leather
which reminded me of dance shoes.

I matted my journaling on some
Basic Grey Sweet Threads paper from last months kit
( this paper pack has gone for miles and is well worth having in your kit)
and then black card to make it match in with the rest.
I then added a rubber stamp party girl in a glass
and a small wallet cut from black card , inside the wallet i put some white card
on which i used the Tando Music Mask
from last months kit and some black soot distress ink
to colour it down.
I wanted to creat a dance card idea although I know they looked
nothing like this at all. I then added some white music notes
to it again just for detail.
Lastly I made a record , I cut a black circle and then used a 5p piece
and cut out some printed paper ( i found this bell which I thought
looked like a record label) punched a tiny hole in it so the black card
showed through and voila one record.
I enjoy making my own embellishments I think it helps me
to personalise the pages more.
With a few music notes scattered around to finish it off.

all done.......

Thanks for stopping by my blog, and dont forget
the blog candy at Scrapbook Garden
and have a peep at the online shop here
pick up some bargains theres loads ..........


2 comments:

The Scrapbook Garden said...

Hi Jaqi - I think this is my favourite layout from this week's showcase. I love how you have made the litle record and other embellishments to personalise your page. Ann x

Anonymous said...

This is one of my favourites as well Jaqi. It is as if you have captured, on your page, the atmosphere around the people, in the photo, at the dance. It is as if you can hear the music and people laughing when you look at this. Fab!
Regards Florence.

This is brilliant , i love it !