Monday 19 September 2011

The Scrapbook Garden - Grandas Ledger


This is my 3rd layout this month using my design kit for
This has to be my favourite layout this month but I imagine thats because it features my Dad .
Its coming up to the 7th anniversary of his death and i still miss him very much.
Ive created many pages featuring my Dad and to be honest love them all .
This one features 2 of my favourite photos of my Dad with my children.
He adored his grandchildren , as they did him and hes a huge miss in all of our lives.
When I saw this paper I knew straight away what my title would be before id even picked the photos to use.
'Theres no charge for love in Grandas Ledger'
My Dad did alot of book keeping due to his job so this was perfect.
This time finding a sketch to use wasnt so easy, so i decided to create my own
as the ideas flowed to easily.
The 12 x 12 I used was from the
its the most beautiful colour of a delicate duck egg blue and it has tones of cream
and brown, its absolutely gorgeous.
It has the most perfect quote in the top corner
which was an inspiration in itself.
I challenge anyone to read this quote and not instantly know
who to scrapbook about on this paper, its fab.

I added my subtitle using Dovecraft 12 x 12 in Wicker
which matched perfectly .
It seemed to blend in rather than stand out which was the look I was going for
as I wanted the main title to stand out , but all the same wanted this part to be there in the readers mind. I feel Ive achieved that .
I added a strip across the bottom of the page which was the reverse side
another gorgeous paper .
I always find it hard to know which side to use as they are all so lovely.
Guess the answer is to buy a few sheets , then thats the problem sorted.
I matted my photos on Bazzills French Vanilla
which i use alot as it goes with everything its a beautiful cream.
The photo of my Dad with the boys was taken when my boys were just young
before my daughter was born, I love this photo and you can tell by the look on all of their faces
how close they were.
The next picture is years later , my daughter with my Dad
dropping the crumbs from a near empty cornflakes packet into the canarys cage.
My daughter gets her love of animals from my Dad as he had experience with horses , dogs
and birds. He also had alot of patience, and never more so than with the children.
I cut my journalling tags from the bazzill french vanilla
and then stamped them with the
i love rubber stamps and these ones give a great clean image first time.
I cut tags also and stamped them in the same way.

After laying everything out I added the main title

And thats my layout all done.
To be honest this one may end up in a box frame as I dont really want it hidden away in an album as I love it so much Id like to be able to see it all of the time.

To me this is what scrapbooking is all about, creating something which keeps those priceless memories alive i wish i had twice as many hours in everyday and yet id still
want more. I cant imagine life without scrapbooking its the most amazing therepy there is.

Thanks for stopping by my blog, as always its much appriciated .
Have a lovely week , whatever you may be doing.

4 comments:

The Scrapbook Garden said...

Thank you for creating this lovely layout Jaqi and sharing those wonderful memories of your Dad. Ann x

Anonymous said...

Oh Jaqi! You have such beautiful memories to capture in your albums. The paper is just so perfect for this page. Lovely photos of your dad and the children.
Regards Florence x

Anonymous said...

Hi Jaqi, I just popped by to see what you have been up to. Love your layouts, you make it sound so easy,yet i have never quite gotten into scrapbooking. have attempted a couple of times lol. I love the journal tags you did for this one and lovely photos
hugs June x

Kazza said...

This is gorgeous Jaqi. I especially love the title - but everything is perfect!
Xx Karen

This is brilliant , i love it !