Wednesday 21 March 2012

Design kit - Layout 3 - Uncle

This is layout 3 from this months design kit for

I loved the fact the the Prima Edison paper cut up into
so may pieces that could be used on layouts.
These ones that Ive chosen here were perfect to go with
these photos of my Dads Uncle Eddie ( my paternal Grandmothers
brother) as he is in his allotment with his birds.

I had this cute little chicken die which I thought would match in well.
I also cut parts of the chicken in the co ordinating colours to layer on top
of the original cut.


I chose the Bazzill 12 x 12 Kraft as I felt it gave it an earthy feel. 

I cut some block pieces of Glitz designs Pretty in Pink Polka
and the tape measure strip from the bottom of the Edison paper

I used a couple of smaller pieces to go between the picture and the 
polka pieces. I thought the measuring tape was quite apt
as many men made their own garden sheds etc in their
gardens and allotments as it was a money saving exercise and a way or recycling
old wooden doors and floor boards etc



I added the patterned discs to the layout


And also some flowers die cut from Bazzill Black
card alternating the sides of the card to give it the
look of different shades

Added the little chicken

And the title 'Uncle' made from the Lush Chipboard stickers in Black

And thats my layout finished .
Once again thanks for stopping by its much appriciated.


Check out the online store and pick up some bargains
and see all the new products in stock.
Also the Scrapbook Garden blog have a look at what everyone else is doing
and also get free entries into the monthly blog candy draw.

Have a lovely week , the weather is gorgeous at the moment so hope you all have a lovely time.

3 comments:

The Scrapbook Garden said...

Hi Jaqi - thanks for creating this layout using products from this month's kit. That little chicken die-cut is so cute! Ann x

Unknown said...

I love this layout jaqi, love hpw you've used the tape measure, and the flowers.... Stunning

Linda Vincent said...

Lovely Jaqi...I really like those discs; they're so effective.

This is brilliant , i love it !