Thursday 9 August 2012

Scrapbook Garden Design Kit - Flutter By Baby

This is my 2nd design for this months kit

I began by taking the border off the Graphic 45
Butterfly Specifies 12 x 12 paper.

Next I too one of the photos from my collection
of my Auntie Bessie and my cousin Jane Wilson

I trimmed the picture and sliced it into 3

I matted the picture on Bazzills Sugar Cream cardstock
and rounded the corners

Next I took another piece of Sugar Cream
and using some scrunched up Bubble wrap
and some distress inks i added some colour to the paper
to match the butterflies Id cut out of the
Butterfly Specifies

I kept adding colours until I was happy with the result.

I cut some corners from the border Id cut earlier
and added them to the 12 x 12

I then went on to add a Bazzill cardstock matt of Blue Lagoon
once again matching it to the butterfly colours.


Using a Tim Holtz Alteration die I cut out the birdcage
and cut away the centre bars of the cage.

I stuck down the butterflies inside the cage

After adding a couple trying to escape
I added a flurry of them soaring to the top corner of the page.
And my title cut from the Blue Lagoon



I like this photo on this layout I think they go together well

Thanks for stopping by its much appriciated

If you havent done so yet, pop along to the Scrapbook Garden blog
and take a peek, or along to the online shop
to check out the bargains .
Hope you all have a lovely weekend

6 comments:

The Scrapbook Garden said...

Thanks for creating this fab layout Jaqi. I love what you have done with the background and those butterflies flying up the page. Ann x

Linda Vincent said...

Gorgeous layout Jaqi....what a lovely idea to use the cage with the butterflies. Nice background too!

~*~Patty S said...

It's really lovely to see how your page was created Jaqi...it turned out beautifully!
oxo

Unknown said...

Oh this is the page I loveed, I still do lol.... I love the colours and the butterflies look so real.... And of course the Photo is Gorgeous. x

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

3 ofultanOh, Jaqi, it has been too long since I visited your blog. What a beautiful page you made. Thank you for adding the tutorial. I love this. Hope you are well! xx

Laurart said...

This is gorgeous! I love the idea of using bubble wrap - I will try that. The results are amazing and it is a lovely page. Well done! x

This is brilliant , i love it !