Wednesday 8 August 2012

Scrapbook Garden Kit - Layout 1


This is the first layout for this months kit for
The picture is another from my Vintage collection
and its of my Mams cousin Peggy and her 2 friends .



Starting with some Bazzill cardstock in Blackbird
for the base i added a strip of Graphic 45 Olde Curiosity Shoppe



Another square of the same paper but the reverse side
 matted on Bazzill Sugar Cream


Using a Tim Holtz / Ranger Distress Marker in Black Soot
I inked up a rubber stamp of a cornflower
I mist sprayed the stamped image with cold water
allowing the image to run slightly then dried it
with a heat tool leaving a smudged look

I used the same marker to ink up some butterfly rubber stamps
but this time left the sharp image
I cut out the cornflower and added it to the layout

I added my title Peggy and Pals which I cut
from the Market Place alphabet


And lastly added the butterflies
by gluing only down the body to allow the wings to stand
proud of the layout


Thanks for stopping by and taking a peep.
I have another layout tomorrow from the same kit.

Remenber to pop over to the Scrapbook Garden Blog and find out whats going on ,

and get yourself some bargains .





1 comment:

The Scrapbook Garden said...

Thanks for creating this lovely layout Jaqi using the DT Kit for this month. Ann x

This is brilliant , i love it !