Thursday 16 April 2009

Heidi Swapp Papers and Scrapaholics Class







On tuesday night I attended my Scrapaholics class at the community centre near where I live.
This months kit consisted of some Heidi Swapp papers called invisibles and also the Heidi Swapp mask set , "Hearts".

I cant tell you how excited I was to get this kit , its fab. These top 3 photos are of the finished page I created at my class, although I didnt have my camera with me its only the finished results sorry and not a step by step so that you can see how we did it.

Here you can find a demo of Heidi using these masks and see just how easy they are to work with.

However you do get 2 of everything in your kit so I was able to get some photos of the 2nd one which I did last night , and had just as much fun.










You can see here that the masks come on a large adhesive sheet, and you need to peel them off and decide which you would like to use ,the positive or negative image.




A supplied guide gives you some examples of finished work.




I hope you can see , the image on the invisibles paper , ready to accept the ink.





On this page I only used the tiny heart masks in the corners of the page as I wanted the attention to be on the circular image.









Using a selection of inks and distress inks and a blending tool I coloured the paper until I got the look I wanted.










Ater adding some feathers and a couple of scrap image fans, the photo and my aunts name and some stickles glitter glue I was happy.

The photo is of my mams cousin , Amalia Augusta Kell.
Amalia used to be on the stage and didnt always dress like this........
I have alot of pictures of Amalia in costume and I think they will make a lovely set when they are all finished.





The finished page. I decided just Amalias name was all I wanted on this page. I love the colours and they way its turned out. I will be using these papers again , they are great to work with.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

8 comments:

June said...

Wow Jaqi thats amazing !!! Thanks for talking us through it, what fabulous art you make my friend. Its always lovely to read your blog
Hugs June xxx

Renee said...

Jaqi just some xxx and oooo from me to you.

Love Renee xoxo

Chriss Rollins said...

Fantastic Jaqi you did a splendid job with the mask and inks... You have grown soooo much from your early days ..it's lovely to see ... well done.
Love the numbers too..I have that paper and love it.

Hope that you are having a good weekend and I am thinking about you for Monday.

Please see your fab Recycled Calendar ATC's now posted on blog.

Chriss x

Linda Vincent said...

That is absolutely lovely Jaqi...I especially love the way you did the background. The photo is fabulous - lucky you to have access to such wonderful images.
Love
Linda xx

Denise said...

AbSoLuTeLy stunning Jaqi! Your pages have come out beautifully!
Hugs
Denise
oxoxox

Mescrap said...

Thanks for such great series of pictures taken.
Really love the background.
Beautiful.

nancy said...

Jaqi, this is amazing. Thanks for sharing it. What a beautiful page.

Linda B said...

love the colours so much my friend! well done

This is brilliant , i love it !