Friday 24 April 2009

Awfully Big Art Adventure - Photo Challenge















I would like to say Thank you to Linda and Rosie at The Awfully Big Art Adventure for asking me to be the guest challenger this week.

For some weeks now I have been working my way through some very old family photos and putting together a vintage album. We are very lucky that my Great Grandfather and Grandfather both had photography as their hobby so they left behind some fabulous images.

Recently my cousin Tom found some glass negatives that used to belong to my great grandfather in the garage, they had been there all this time since my Great grandfather put them there, I took them to a local photography shop and they developed all 12 for me. They are excellent quality.

This is one of those images, believed to be my grandfathers sister my Great Aunt Rosina, then she was Wilson and when she married became Rosina Douglas. She had one daughter Amalia Augusta Douglas.

I am really looking forward to seeing what everyone does with the image and im sure she would be very pleased that she was now being included in everyones artwork.

Thank you for working with my image and thank you for visiting my blog.

14 comments:

Linda Vincent said...

Its a beautiful photo Jaqi and we are very grateful that you let us use it. Your scrapbook is going to be a wonderful record of your family history.
Love
Linda x

~*~Patty S said...

Jaqi ~ lovely closeups of your scrapbook page. What a treasure and so very special that the photos are being treasured and preserved by you for posterity. I think your Aunt Rosina must be very pleased along with the other relatives smiling down on you. Thank you for sharing the image with us and inspiring us to create something beautiful to honor her.

Rika said...

Really pretty, love the lace.

Esther said...

hi jaqi!! i've just finish to work on your aunt Rosina picture.. it's very special to see her on your blog too.. i have'nt seen the others blogs before, i just want to feel something alone with rosina, without any influence.. well your job for this picture is so cute, very vintage.. i like it!! thanks for sharing jaqi i hope that you will be happy with my artwork very diferent than yours.. excuse my bad english.. you've my contry symbol on your bannier!! kiss.xoxoxo

Mescrap said...

Jaqi, I definitely love the vintage picture of Aunt Rosina.
Thanks for sharing it with us.
I've just done my tag with the wonderful image.

Denise said...

You are so lucky to have such beautiful photos of your ancestors. Treasure them for they are unique.
Left you some LUV on my blog.
Hugs
Denise
oxoxox

Renee said...

Jaqi the picture is wonderful.

I love the hat on your little grandson on your sidebar.

xoxoo

Jeanette Carlstrom said...

Thanks for sharing Aunt Rosina Jaqi ;)... you can see what I did with her on my blog. Take care

Lynn said...

How serendipitous to stumble into your blog! I am working on a vintage scrapbook and I shall return here for more helpful hints. I am so unsure of what I am doing, especially with these precious old photographs that I have been entrusted with by my family. Its kind of scary!
Lynn

nancy said...

This is a great photo. I hope I'm going to have time to work on it! Your scrapbooking is to die for!!!

RubyMay said...

Thanks so much for the challenge Jaqi.
I love your pages you've created...absolutely gorgeous x

Anonymous said...

thank you jaqi for sharing your sweet pix of your aunt rosina & your artwork too!

i loved working on my interpretation. :) mary ann

Chimene said...

Thank you so much to let us use this beautiful photo!!!!!!!!

XXXX
Chimene

Gini said...

Hello Jaqi,
Sorry I'm so dreadfully late.
I had so much fun using your photo of Aunt Rosina, thank you for allowing me to use it. :)
Gini

This is brilliant , i love it !