Sunday 12 April 2009

Lots to do - Numbers









Continuing on with my vintage scrapbook, this is my entry this week for the
Lots to do challenge which is numbers.

My layout shows my Grandfather and my Uncle working in their joiners workshop.
My Grandfather was the local joiner and funeral director in Boldon many years ago as was his father before him. I have recently just found these photos in an Aunts old album and I was over the moon to finally get a glimpse of my grandad working as he had retired when i was born.

Its just a basic layout , but the numbers are on the paper, showing tape measures, very fitting for the theme of the page.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

9 comments:

Femmy said...

great lay out Jaqi!!
happy easter!!

Ang C said...

love the use of the tapemeasure and those small tools are fab.

A great page

crafty creations said...

brilliant Jaqi - what a find!!!! love the layout and all the elements you've added to make this wonderful piece for your album and the Lotstodo Challenge

x Hilda

mommabear said...

It is brilliant Jaqi

sam21ski said...

Fantastic way to display the photos - what a fab find

Thanks for joining in with this weeks Lotstodo Challenge - Sam xxx

Linda Vincent said...

Thats a wonderful layout Jaqi...you must have been so pleased to get hold of those photos. Well you've certainly done them justice...
Love
Linda x

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Jaqi, how wonderful! I so wish I could see your vintage album irl. You must be really happy to have found a piece of your grandfather and your uncle like this!

Renee said...

Jaqi I really love the tape measure on this piece. Excellent.

By the way I have a sister named Jacqueline. We call her Jacquie.

xoxo

RubyMay said...

Brilliant LO...and just perfect for your scrapbook. Lovely work x

This is brilliant , i love it !